Orienteering & Geocaching
Love a challenge? Orienteering is a challenging adventure activity that exercises both the mind and the body. The aim of orienteering is to navigate in sequence between control points marked on a unique orienteering map and decide the best route to complete the course in the quickest time. It does not matter how young, old or fit you are, as you can run, walk or jog the course and progress at your own pace. Here at CI Adventures we have developed a series of fun games that significantly enhance map reading skills which can even be delivered indoors.
Ideal for D of E training, orienteering can take place anywhere from remote forest and countryside to urban parks and school playgrounds. It’s a great activity for anyone who wants to improve their navigation skills or simply work with others to unite as a team.
Geocaching, like orienteering, develops map reading and navigational skills, only with one sole location rather than a sequence of control points. Geocaching is described to be ‘the hiding and seeking of treasure’. Using GPS units participants must locate the geocache and then navigate their way to the geocache, where they leave a log to detail their find and replace the geocache for others to locate. Geocaching is a fun and active experience for people of all ages.
CI Adventures can provide courses of both orienteering and geocaching, for all levels from beginner to advanced, at the Boiler House or your own venue, with programmes that can be adapted for small children and people in wheelchairs. Why not try our multi-activity orienteering/geocaching challenge which combines orienteering/geocaching with a range of other adventurous activities. CI Adventures programmes can be tailored for schools, youth groups, teacher training, corporate and executive team building.
If you love maps, exploring, and the great outdoors, then try orienteering or geocaching at CI Adventures. You will be hooked for life with the mental challenges, fun, physical activity, excitement and lifelong learning that these activities have to offer!
Availability: ✔ The Boiler House ✔ Mobile Provision ✔ In the Wild
Benefits of Orienteering & Geocaching:
- Mentally challenging, physically testing and team uniting.
- Orienteering programmes are designed specifically to facilitate the development of confidence, self esteem, and team work.
- Geocaching promotes community spirit and support with geocache locations and finds shared world wide on the internet.
- Geocaching is the worlds biggest treasure hunt with endless caches to find!
- Orienteering and geocaching improve map reading and navigational skills and promote teamwork.
- Orienteering and Geocaching are accessible to all ages with physical fitness being of less importance as people can participate at their own pace.